Pages

Checking off the list...

Just wanted to show a few completed items from my {very long} to-do list for the upcoming reenactment. I finally put the ties on Mason's cap (which I've had done for 2 months now), and now the sweet little munchkin has a cute little coat and cap ensemble to brave the winter weather in. I made it to fit Victoria, because even though there is a 3-month difference in ages, they are the same size. :)

I'm currently working on Andrew's cap and coat now. He fit the jacket size, but the cap needs to be a little bigger as he's about 9 months old.

So this is the dress I just finished for Victoria. Took me a long time, because 1) I didn't have a pattern, 2) I wanted to make it a gathered-front bodice so had to do some creative drafting, and 3) I ran out of fabric and had to do a lot of piping in a contrast fabric to make the whole dress pull together. It isn't what I originally planned, but it's close. I think it'll look cute on her if I can ever catch her in a willing mood to put it on.


Scratch that -- she let me put it on her for a quick photoshoot!


Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

7 comments:

Sarah W said...

Lovely! The coat and cap are so very cute, and Victoria looks adorable in her dress. I can't help smiling when seeing her. I'm looking forward to someday having little children to make period clothing for.

Mrs. G said...

What lovely work! Victoria looks good in red, btw where did you get her rattle? It seems like it was homemade but I can't remember for sure.
Paris

Amy said...

Thanks ladies! Sarah -- I hope you have children too because they are so fun to dress up. Like little dolls!

Paris, that rattle is something my dad made her. He's an amateur woodworker and dabbles in toy-making. He sends most of his stuff to needy children and also to Nigeria. He's making Victoria some blocks for Christmas, too. :)

Lauren said...

She is so adorable! I love her little dress and cape ensemble. So lovely!

Sarah said...

The dress looks BEAUTIFUL! And the cap and coat are stunning. . they look like original garments and I know Mason will look perfectly sweet in them. You did a great job!

Mrs. G said...

Bravo to your Dad, that rattle looks perfect! Our children have blocks and they play with them daily, they are one toy with true longterm playability!
Paris

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

She's such a yummy little nugget and I just want to scoop her up! Her dress and coat and cap are fantastic, and her dress looks great with her coloring...fabulous job!