In the fall, Victoria and I are going to be doing Pioneer Farms again, and this time I want to be much better prepared. Last year, it had been so long since I'd done an event that I only had two dresses and I barely eeked out the second one. This year, I really would like to have a few new things and one of those items is this lovely peignoir, or wrapper.
|Check out more images of the original here.|
Sometime last year I found this reproduction stripe which I felt would be a fairly close approximation to the original, and here the other day, I pulled it - along with a plain, cream colored cotton which I already owned - out of my closet and decided the time had come. Now, I could have sprung bigger bucks on a high-end cotton, but to be honest, I am trying to use more of my stash wherever possible, and this project fit the bill. I comfort myself with the knowledge that it is just wrapper, and plain cotton will suit it just as well as a fancy cotton would.
I've already got my printed stripes cut out. Next up is cutting bias strips out of the cream for all that piping and cut strips for facing the vertical trim on the bodice. I'm going to cheat and only face the trim to about 2" below the waistband, which is where the trim appears to attach on both sides. From the shoulder to that point below the waistband, the trim is only attached on the inside, or center, edge.
I truly hope to post more as this thing comes together, so stay tuned.