Pages

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the dear mamas out there!

This year, I really wanted to make something for my mother that truly spoke to how I feel about her.  She sews.  She quilts.  She embroiders.  And this little wallhanging has elements of all three of those thing.  Plus it has a lovely little saying - adapted from a quote by Mother Teresa - which to me says what being a mother is all about.


We do small things, with great love.


I picked these fabrics because they were so bright and cheerful.  I don't think my mom has anything like it in her house, although I know she has some dresden plate blocks hanging up in the middle bedroom.  But I'm hoping this will be hung in her office or sewing room, though.  The embroidery is a free pattern from NanaCompany and you should really check her blog out if you haven't already.


The embroidery was easy - all french knots, back stitch, and lazy daisies.  It was quilted with 2 strands of embroidery floss.  So this was my first quilting project, too, which makes this even more special for my quilter mom.  I hope she likes it.

1 comment:

925 thailand silver fashion pendant said...

Awesome post .i hope everybody will like your post