So we have a little muster-style reenactment next weekend, right? And I think to myself: I have this adorable baby dress Sarah Jane made, and a couple of petticoats, and a little chemise, and another sheer gown that is almost finished (but I could make-do with).....little baby Victoria will be all dressed out -- for the most part, at least. So finally I get around to putting the dresses and petticoats on her to see how she handles the long skirts, and well.....
...they're too small!! Okay, actually, the bodices fit fine, but the sleeves are snug on both gowns, and the petticoats are too small around her waist by like 3"! The petticoat I made from the Elizabeth Stewart Clark pattern fits, but it's made out of wool because I didn't expect her to fit in it until our winter reenactment. Way to hot for September Texas weather.
I don't think the sleeves are too uncomfortable for her, but since I can't pull the sleeves all the way up, it then pulls the neckline completely off her shoulders. I can at least put ties on the petticoat (which is what I was going to do anyway) and tie it closed; but it's still gaps wide open.
I suppose I might be able to pull off another ESC petticoat this weekend, since that pattern is adjustable to growth a lot better than mine was. I don't know what to do about the sleeves on the only two gowns I have, though. ::sigh:: Heck, maybe they're supposed to be snug and the neckline to come off the shoulders. I'm kind of new to all this.
What to do. Hm.